Wednesday 13 July 2011

Good Ol’ Eggs & Bread

Skipping dinner at the common room today was just an excuse to use up the few days old multi-grain bread lying in the fridge. I have been avoiding my dearest eggs for a few weeks because of my skin allergy but my fetish for eggs took the better of me and I decided to have them anyway. Decided to try out something other than the usual bread and egg fry, which is my all time favourite Sunday breakfast.
 
Gee. I even feel embarrassed telling what ‘new item’ I tried. French toast! (For all those who don’t know, I can’t cook. But I love eating and have a strong sense of tastes, love trying out new stuff and visualize myself being a master chef is my own grand kitchen some day!).
 
I recollect having French toast at home during my childhood. Mom has been making sweet and savoury French toasts. Yummy! (Mommy, I miss your cooking 17473). I looked up microwave French toast recipes. Found good ones here:
 
 
Surprised. French toast is supposed to be bland? I mean, savoury is out of question. Its either bland with cinnamon flavour or sweet. What about Mom’s fantastic savoury French toast with coriander topping? Mom, your French toast still rocks.
 
Anyway, decided to try out something on my own. While listening to Bombay Funk on www.bombayproduction.com, IDSC00854 beat 2 tiny eggs and little milk (maybe just a tablespoon). Spread 3 slices of bread in a microwavable plate and poured the beaten eggs all over them. Sprinkled pepper powder, chilli flakes (Courtesy: Domino’s Pizza) and good old oregano. Microwaved it for a few minutes and voila! My French toast was ready! Ahem, I didn’t put salt and didn’t turn the bread over while microwaving, but still. Had a good time having it with Sweet-Chilli sauce!
 
DSC00859How can eggs and bread be complete without coffee, my favourite? Ah. Coffee was needed for my aching legs (am I becoming older at a higher speed all of a sudden? I have aching legs since 3-4 days. I am not 30 yet. Not even married yet). Made my favourite cinnamon coffee (some coffee from Singapore) and relaxed on my bed by the window. 
 
Now, that’s a perfect way to wind up a hectic day!

2 comments: